Our member of the month is Kristen Howard. Kristen is one of members that takes advantage of small group personal training sessions, usually coming twice a week. We sat down with Kristen to ask her a few questions and this is what we learned about one of our friendliest members.
My favorite class is the Small Group Personal Training with Shah Khan because of the “small group” individualized attention it provides. I don’t like large and commercialized chain fitness studios/gyms because they are overcrowded and not personal. So, I decided to come to Jade Fitness because of it’s boutique and family-like atmosphere. Prior to starting the Small Group Personal Training class, I had never had the need to workout but this class makes me feel comfortable at my beginners exercise level. But don’t get me wrong, the class is tough and intense! However, Shah and the rest of the Jade staff provide great motivation to keep pushing and not give up!
2. What do you like to do when you’re not working out at Jade?
I enjoy attending live music events and watching HGTV.
3. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
4. What is the last good book you read?
5. Do you prefer cardio or strength training?
A combo of both.
6. What is your beverage of choice after working out?
7. What does your perfect day look like?
A day sitting and laying out on my building’s rooftop deck.
8. How do you think your Jade trainers would describe you?
Hilarious and funny! I try to keep laughs going to keep me motivated.
9. What kind of music (or musical artists) do you like to listen to when you work out?
I love Hip Hop, R&B and Rap. However, I like to listen to Hip Hop/Rap music to keep me pumped up and energized!
10. Tell us something about you that not many people know.
I was Miss Homecoming in high school and I love Alabama Football (Roll Tide)!